Cheers to 2016
- People believing in me
- Family, friends, and loved ones
- My team and their involvement
- Decision to move to Philly
- Risk, decisions and hard work Learning lessons
- Momentum growing to 10 members and 16 interns in the summer
- Speaking in conferences in Nashville and Las Vegas Focusing on repair companies
- Getting involved in content
- Moving into two WeWork offices
- Growing Phone Repair Philly to my first brick and mortar and 3 stores, all within 6 months
- Traveling to DC, NYC, Miami, Chicago, Boston
- Growing both companies 100% YoY. again doubling both teams in size
- Keeping my current team motivated and committed, focusing more on big picture
- Getting more involved with content, media and our own marketing strategies
- This involves SBS, GYBO, Google Adwords, Social Media, Photography, Snapchat and more
- More speaking engagements and traveling
- Focusing on less clients but better relationships based on growing companies and making each other more successful and happy
Nearly 80% of People will fail at their Resolution by Super Bowl Sunday, but why?
What was your New Year Resolution for 2016? Did you achieve it? Why or why not? Well, as explained by Emotional Influencer Travis Bradburry, there are 2 main reasons why we fail to achieve those lofty goals.
- We bite off more than we can chew (my main problem as well).
- We let our emotions control our behavior.
Being an entrepreneur is difficult. Every single day is a battle. That’s why I’ve developed more of a Gary V style of goal setting by focusing on short term (daily/weekly) goals AS WELL AS long-term (1, 2, 5, 10 year) goals. Each morning I focus my thoughts around my goals for the day. Today I have to set up both my new offices, one in We Work Northern Liberties for Momentum Digital, and the other being my new repair shop out in NJ for Phone Repair Philly (soon to rebrand 3rd location).
Instead of having you read about my goals, I’d rather hear about yours (you can actually watch mine below or in this YouTube Video). Maybe they’ll coincide with what we’re working on here at Momentum. One of my main lifelong goals is helping other entrepreneurs achieve their goals of growing their business by first providing the necessary digital momentum. Do you have a business or idea that you want to grow online by getting more local search recognition? By partnering with the right people, not only does it help one achieve higher levels of success, it can also help by being around others who keep you accountable.
What’s holding you back? Most likely it’s the Number 1 thing holding every person back: self-doubt. That’s why scientists and authors like Travis now put more emphasis on EQ over IQ. Most extremely successful people in the world didn’t get there because they have a higher IQ, they got there because they developed a different type of intelligence. These ‘mavens’ usually have an extremely high level of EQ (Emotional Intelligence) and the uncanny ability to adapt. Being book smart is one thing, but knowing how to make money is another. Yes, money isn’t everything, but we all know that it does truly help facilitate all other aspects of life so that we can focus on what we care about the most.
A majority of you reading this have been born into a life of fortune (one way or another, relatively speaking). Granted, I’ve been given an incredible opportunity and many advantages in this life. This is why some of my goals revolve around taking advantage of those opportunities, while also focusing on helping other people achieve their goals (with their business). Sometimes in order to achieve your goals you have to reverse engineer the process, starting with yourself. So, I ask you to take a good look at yourself in the mirror today and find out who you really are, and what you really want to do with your life. Then, work backwards!
Cheers to the New Year!